L3 Foundation Skills in Counselling (Intensive)
Time & Location
About the Event
If you find yourself being approached by people for help; you enjoy listening to others and you would like to learn more about yourself, then this course could be ideal for you. It will enable you to begin to apply a range of counselling skills to your own work setting, and provide you with a firm foundation should you wish to progress onto further study and to develop a career in counselling. This updated presentation of the course now includes help to support remote listening (online and telephone) for isolated people.
Learning OutcomesBy the end of the course, learners should be able to:
- understand the difference between counselling and counselling skills
- be able to distinguish between clients who are suitable for help and those who require specialist support
- understand the personal qualities essential to effective counselling and the significance of core conditions within the counselling process
- understand the effect of values and culture on counselling practice
- know how to apply ethics in relation to counselling skills
- understand underpinning theories in counselling including Egan's 3 stage model and the skills associated with each stage
- through skills practice and personal reflection activities, be able to apply a range of counselling skills to own practice
- know how to provide evidence of self awareness, personal development and understand personal value systems
- effectively support remote/isolated individuals through effective listening and remote working techniques
Full course details are available on the events page.
Please do not make any payment until you have been successful at interview.
- Deposit L3 Foundation Skills£91.25+£2.28 Service fee£91.25+£2.28 Service fee0£0
- FULL FEE L3 Foundation Skills£365+£9.13 Service fee£365+£9.13 Service fee0£0